Terms and Conditions
2. User Name and Password. Upon VISVMIO’s acceptance of Your Registration, You will be registered and receive an email with your username, and Your own password will be supplied via a separate channel (.eg. SMS text, telephone) for accessing and using the Service. VISVMIO stores Your password and only You have access to it. You will be responsible for keeping Your user name and password confidential. You shall notify VISVMIO immediately upon learning of any unauthorized use of Your user name or password. Until such time as You notify VISVMIO of any unauthorized use of Your user name or password, You will be responsible for all activities and charges incurred through the use of Your user name and password, and will indemnify and hold harmless VISVMIO for any claims, liability, damages, losses and costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) to the extent resulting from such use.
3. Restrictions. Your use of the Service is subject to the following restrictions and You hereby covenants as follows: (a) You may use the Service only to analyze the data and Environments owned by and registered to You, or for which You otherwise have the full right, power, and authority to consent to scan. (b) You may not use the Service except for the limited purpose of accessing the Service’s user interface and reviewing, solely for Your own internal business purposes, only such results as set forth in the reports of the data provided by VISVMIO (the “Reports”). (c) You may not use the Service if You are a competitor of VISVMIO nor use the dashboards, analytics, and reports for competitive analysis. (d) While there is no software transfer necessary from VISVMIO to You to effectuate the Service, You agree not to reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any software that provides the Service, or otherwise attempt to derive the processes by which the Service is provided or the Reports are generated, except to the extent the foregoing restriction is expressly prohibited by the applicable law of a foreign jurisdiction. (e) Upon cancellation or termination of the Agreement You must cease all use of the Service.
4. Cancellation. VISVMIO may cancel the Service and deny Your right to use it or any part of it any time, for any reason with or without notice. You may discontinue use of the Service at any time and agrees to cease using the Service or viewing and accessing VISVMIO accounts. This Agreement shall commence on the date that You complete the Registration and terminates either on the date that the Service ends or on the date either party cancels the Service. Sections 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11 shall survive any termination or cancellation of this Agreement.
5. Ownership and Confidentiality. All intellectual proprietary rights now known or hereafter recognized in any jurisdiction in and to the Service and the Reports are owned by VISVMIO and/or its licensors. You agree to make no claim of interest therein or ownership thereto. You further acknowledge that the Service’s structure, organization, and code are the valuable trade secrets of VISVMIO and/or its licensors, and all data and information contained within the Service or the dashboards, analytics, and reports (excluding individual factual data gathered from the Your Site) are confidential information of VISVMIO. You agree to keep such information in confidence and not to disclose it to any third parties. You may not access, use or refer to any such information except for the limited purpose of generating dashboards and reports for the Environment(s) which You have authorized the Service to scan, and using such dashboards, analytics, and reports for internal business purposes, solely for the purpose of identifying potentially harmful malware or other vulnerability assessment with regard to the Site. Nothing in this Agreement shall prohibit VISVMIO from using aggregated data collected by the Service in any format for any purpose, provided that such data cannot be identified to or associated with You or Your Environment(s).
6. Site Scanning; Indemnity. (a) You represent and warrant that You have full right, power, and authority to consent to have the Service import and store the data of the Enviroments identified to VISVMIO for importing, whether electronically or by any other means, whether during initial Registration or thereafter. You will indemnify and hold harmless VISVMIO, partners and sponsors, and their officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any third-party claims, suits, liabilities, losses, damages, judgments, awards, fines, penalties, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) incurred by or levied against the same resulting from or based on Your use of or inability to use the Service, including any claim resulting from Your breach of this Section 6. (b) You also acknowledge and agree that the exposure of Environment data may expose unique details of that data and in some circumstances could result in the disruption of services at such Environment. Due to the nature importing and storing Environment data, You acknowledge and agree that the Service involves substantial risk and as a consequence, You assume the risk for all damages, losses and expenses resulting from Your use of the Service.
7. Modifications to Agreement. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, You agree, during the term of this Agreement, that VISVMIO may: (a) revise the terms and conditions of this Agreement; and/or (b) change part of the Services provided under this Agreement at any time. Any such revision or change will be binding and effective thirty (30) days after posting of the revised Agreement or change to the Service on VISVMIO’s website, or upon notification to You by e-mail. You agree to periodically review VISVMIO’s website, including the current version of this Agreement, to be aware of any such revisions. If You do not agree with any revision to the Agreement, You shall immediately cease using the Service. By continuing to the Service after any revision to this Agreement or change in Service, You agree to abide by and be bound by any such revisions or changes.
8. Warranty Disclaimer. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICE AND REPORTS ARE BEING PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND AND VISVMIO, ITS AUTHORIZED RESELLERS, PARTNERS AND SPONSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUALITY, ACCURACY AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. Without limiting the foregoing, VISVMIO makes no warranty that the Service will be error-free, complete, free from interruption or failure, or absolutely secure from unauthorized access, or that the Service will show all threats and vulnerbilities about Your Site(s) network, systems, or Environment.
9. Limitation of Liability. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL VISVMIO, ITS SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, OR AUTHORIZED RESELLERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, WEBSITE, APPLICATION OR EQUIPMENT DOWNTIME, OR FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR SPECIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, WHETHER IN TORT, CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, EVEN IF VISVMIO HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL VISVMIO AND ITS AUTHORIZED RESELLERS’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES IN ANY ONE OR MORE CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED $100.
10. U.S. Government Rights. For purposes of this Agreement, “commercial computer software” means software developed or regularly used for nongovernmental purposes which (i) has been sold, leased, or licensed to the public, (ii) has been offered for sale, lease or license to the public; (iii) has not been offered, sold, leased, or licensed to the public but will be available for commercial sale, lease, or license in time to satisfy the delivery requirements of this Agreement; or (iv) satisfied a criterion expressed in (i), (ii), or (iii) of this clause and would require only minor modification to meet the requirements of this Agreement. If acquired by or on behalf of a civilian agency, the U.S. Government acquires this commercial computer software and/or commercial computer software documentation and other technical data subject to the terms of this Agreement as specified in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (Computer Software) and 12.211 (Technical Data) of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (“FAR”) and its successors. If acquired by or on behalf of any agency within the Department of Defense (“DOD”), the U.S. Government acquires this commercial computer software and/or commercial computer software documentation subject to the terms of this Agreement as specified in 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-3 of the DOD FAR Supplement (“DFARS”) and its successors. This U.S. Government Rights clause is in lieu of, and supersedes, any other FAR, DFARS, or other clause or provision that addresses Government rights in computer software or technical data under this Agreement.
11. United States Export Restrictions. You may not download, export, or re-export any software or technical data received hereunder, regardless of the manner in which received, (a) into, or to a national or resident of, any country to which the United States has embargoed goods, or (b) to anyone on the United States Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Denial Orders. By using the Service, You represent and warrant that You are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
12. General. You agree to comply with all applicable laws in its use of the Service. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Tennessee, without reference to conflict of laws principles. The application of the United Nations Convention of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. Any dispute between You and VISVMIO regarding this Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in WIlliamson County in the State of Tennessee. This Agreement is the entire agreement between You and VISVMIO and supersedes any other communications or advertising with respect to the Service and documentation. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect. No provision of this Agreement shall be deemed waived or modified except in a writing signed by an authorized representative of VISVMIO. There are no implied licenses hereunder. You may not assign this Agreement without the prior written consent of VISVMIO. The parties to this Agreement are independent contractors. Neither party is an agent, representative, joint venturer, or partner of the other party. Neither party shall have any right, power or authority to enter into any agreement for or on behalf of, or incur any obligation or liability of, or to otherwise bind the other party. Each party shall bear its own costs and expenses in performing this Agreement.
VISVMIO Terms and Conditions for Use and Agreement (December 03, 2018)